Thursday, April 8, 2010

More Than I Can Chew...

In the history of my academic life, I have always taken a schedule that I think is way too hard. Always. I always push myself and I always throw myself into something that seems close to impossible.

But I always surprise myself. I always come out of it learning more than I thought was possible, doing better than I thought I would ever do, and it just pushes me to do it again.

I should have known that this semester (where nothing is staying the same) would be different.

It seems that taking 5 math classes (2 of which I do not have the right prerequisites for) is too much for me.

I admit defeat...Actually, my grades admit defeat.

As much as overcoming my hard schedules has pushed me in the past, I feel like this will motivate me even more.

I just need experience, and the right kind of thinking.

But still...what a horrible feeling...

4 Comments:

At April 8, 2010 at 4:01 PM , Blogger Mrs. Captain PAO said...

i thinks its wise and mature, and very adult, to be able to admit that the RFM class is over your head, through no fault of your own, and take appropriate actions (audit, etc.) that is a skill you will seriously use in real life.

its humbling to admit you can't handle something, but it takes honesty and integrity that a lot of people don't have.

trust me, i've worked with them!

 
At April 8, 2010 at 11:13 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Each of us has much more hidden inside us than we have had a chance to explore. Unless we create an environment that enables us to discover the limits of our potential, we will never know what we have inside of us.

 
At April 9, 2010 at 2:48 AM , Blogger angelamay said...

I agree with both of the above comments! It's one thing to say you've admitted defeat when really you've just given up, but it's another thing entirely to admit defeat when you have given it your best shot and tried your absolute hardest and still come to the understanding that whatever it is just isn't for you, and that's absolutely okay.

 
At April 9, 2010 at 9:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

with this being said
you found your cap
but nothings impossible
with no ceilings

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home