Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Deepest Apology...

I'm so terribly sorry that I have been slacking on my Math Episodes. Yesterday was a horrible, horrible day.

I felt like I was going to die.

While I spent most of the day in bed or in the bathroom (I'll spare you the details), I think it was just a 24 hour bug. Today is much better.

This morning, in fact, I woke up at 9 and got stuff done! I went to the Butcher Shop, where I was sufficiently hit on by the meat man, and bought my pork shoulder (no picnic pork shoulder, but hopefully I can make it work).

Then I went to the Asian Market and bought saffron. Real Spanish Saffron. So real, in fact, that it cost more than the meat...

I plan on making Cuban Pork with Black Beans & Rice tomorrow for Easter Dinner (since I couldn't make it last Sunday). I now have everything I need except the black beans.

I promise that the Math Episodes will continue next week.

As for now, I'm going to continue to be excited (and nervous) to make this Cuban meal tomorrow (for close to 25 people!). Eek!

Mmm...mojo :)

2 Comments:

At April 10, 2010 at 3:01 PM , Blogger Mrs. Captain PAO said...

first of all, divine mercy dinner! yay! you simply must consider making this cake:

http://catholiccuisine.blogspot.com/2010/04/cake-for-divine-mercy-sunday.html


that being said, how much does it rock that you went to a butcher?? i would LOVE to have a butcher (instead of prepackaged meat at the grocery). supa cool!

 
At April 10, 2010 at 3:06 PM , Blogger Lydia Ann said...

1. I don't bake.

2. I guess it's kinda coolllll :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home