Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Samwich or Sandwich?

I had no idea I had an "accent".

And I'm not talking about an American accent to the Hungarian people. I'm talking about a an unnameable accent to the other American students.

Who knew?

Not me! I mean, you got the New York accent, the Boston accent, the southern accent, the midwest accent, the Maryland accent (and I don't say "warsh")...but people can have their own accent?

Whatever my accent may be, I think it's one of the coolest things I've learned about myself. I mean: I have an accent! Isn't that awesome?! Apparently I say my o's like a's. Like instead of "mom" i say it more like "mam". Meh..whateva!

Also, I was told that I don't know how to say "sandwich". I mean, I guess I just never realized that I replace the "nd" with an "m". I think that's kinda funny. I must say though: I've been speaking for 18 years (give or take)...and I was never informed before that I say sandwich wrong...I am around these people for less than 2 weeks, and they have no problem telling me. I know this is going to be a great 4 months :)

Sooo...I just thought I would share with all of you that I have an accent! I bet you do too! At least you do to someone :)

4 Comments:

At January 27, 2010 at 1:30 AM , Blogger Mrs. Captain PAO said...

thats crazy talk! you don't say "mam" nor have i ever heard "samwich" except in jest!

 
At January 27, 2010 at 7:17 AM , Blogger Lydia Ann said...

oh lina, how i wish you were right...

but i tell the truth! i say "mam" and BOY do i say samwich...

 
At January 28, 2010 at 4:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some girl in Vermont told me I have a southern drawl. It pissed me off at the time, but maybe it's true, since I think you talk like me. I guess there's a Bowie accent hahaha

 
At January 29, 2010 at 6:36 PM , Blogger Lydia Ann said...

Matt!! I didn't know you read this! Yeah, I don't know what it is, but I think it's kind of cool :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home