Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Comforting Sting of Nostalgia


A few days ago I stumbled upon this song. I could not help but get that aching twinge of nostalgia.

When I was younger, much younger, my Uncle Phil used to play me this song. During Thanksgiving, or Easter, or just random family visits, I would occasionally here this song playing for me.

I was never sure where it came from, or what inspired him to do it (I mean, besides my name being Lydia...), but it always made me feel special. And what little girl doesn't want to feel special?

I don’t think I ever thanked my Uncle Phil for this, in which case I am terribly sorry. So, a much delayed and overdue appreciation, but an appreciation nonetheless,

Thank you, Uncle Phil.
It will forever be one of my favorite childhood memories ♥.





Finding this made me realize how much I look forward to the day where the little things remind me of my time here, in Budapest. I look forward to stumbling upon photos, remembering an inside joke, or hearing a song that will bring that warm, comforting sting of nostalgia to my overflowing heart...

Sometimes I still can't believe that I'm making these kinds of memories...

1 Comments:

At April 25, 2010 at 4:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Groucho Marx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home