Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wise Words from FUN

My Functional Analysis professor, Gábor, says some of the funniest and most profound things. I thought I'd share some of them with you on this terrific Thursday:

"Do you know how many there are? There's continuum many!...
That's not too many, you know!"

"This is Hotel Infinity. There are infinitely many floors with
finitely many rooms on each floor. There is always a path
down, but is there always a path up!? Now, even if this is true
I'm not saying there is a straight road to heaven! NO!"

"The most important technique in Mathematics is massaging."

"There was a book written by him published years after
his death...eh, sometimes it happens..."

"This is the OBTBD for compactness....
O
fficial But Totally Boring
Definition"

"Cheating taxes is not only a Hungarian past-time...it's the
Hungarian way of life"



Are you starting to understand why this is my favorite class?

2 Comments:

At March 5, 2010 at 10:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wrote this so there would be a comment for this blog.

 
At March 5, 2010 at 11:20 PM , Blogger Lydia Ann said...

who is this?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home